Registration is on hold
We will send out an update on Emoti-Con’s status this week!
Emoti-Con is a culminating showcase of the creative work produced all year within the in- and after-school programs of the Hive NYC learning network, and at public schools participating in CS4ALL NYC and other classes/programs. Since 2009, 1200 students from over 95 local schools and organizations have presented their innovations at Emoti-Con.
Plan Before You Apply
IMPORTANT: Read the Emoti-Con Project Team Planning Guide before submitting your application to present.
- PROJECT TEAM REQUIREMENTS:
- Only register presenters that you have already confirmed can attend. You will need the names of each youth presenter who will attend and at least one adult chaperone.
- 1-10 students per project team.
- Must attend public schools in the NYC region.
- Presenters must be middle, high school or GED students.
- Must present an idea or innovation, designed by students, that uses digital technology or media as a tool for positive change in the world around them.
- Projects can be in any stage of the design process: from ideas to fully-executed prototypes.
- Projects types: Apps, games, websites, podcasts, videos, robotics & circuits, assistive and adaptive tech, VR/AR, 3D models, digital art, music or performance, social media campaigns, etc.
- Project setup & lunch starts at 11am, the event ends at 4pm.
- MEDIA RELEASE FORMS REQUIRED: Project Team attendees (both adults and youth) will need to bring signed release forms to the event.
- Download, print and sign both sides of these forms for each attendee: Adult & Youth Release Forms
- CONTACT US: If you need help registering or want to change your registration form after you submit it, please email email@example.com.